Sun, Nov 05|
Bob Hope Fox Theatre
Silent Movie Double Feature - One Week (1920 )| The Kid (1921)
Experience the magic of the silver screen with a mesmerizing double feature event showcasing two timeless silent film classics: "One Week" (1920) and "The Kid" (1921).
Time & Location
Nov 05, 2:00 PM
Bob Hope Fox Theatre, 242 E Main St, Stockton, CA 95202, USA
About the event
Experience a mesmerizing double feature silent movie event, where the magic of the silver screen comes alive. The event starts with a delightful silent cartoon, followed by a captivating newsreel showcasing historical moments. The main attractions include "One Week" (1920), a vintage physical comedy starring Buster Keaton and Sybil Seeley as newlyweds facing hilarious misadventures, and "The Kid" (1921), a timeless masterpiece directed by Charlie Chaplin, featuring the heartwarming story of a tramp and a foundling baby. Prepare to be transported to a bygone era of laughter, nostalgia, and cinematic magic in this extraordinary event.
Doors open at 1:00 PM
- Dave Moreno plays a live concert at the “Mighty” Morton Organ at 1:30 PM
- Movie announced at 2 PM
We offer complimentary drinks and snacks, and a tour of the theatre after the film. Donations are greatly appreciated.
Ticket prices are $12 for Adults & $6 for Children age 12 & under at the door. Cash and credit card are acceptable forms of payment.
Tickets purchased online will be priced lower but will incur additional processing and facility fees.
The Bob Hope Fox Theatre features:
- 2,042 refurbished red velvet seats
- State-of-the-art sound
- Expanded restroom facilities and concessions
Did You Know?
- The Bob Hope Fox Theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- A marble mosaic floor encompasses 1,200 square feet in the center of the lobby. The marble was imported from Italy and the mosaic was designed by a Canadian artist.
- The Friends of the Fox acquired and restored the 1928 Robert Morton theater organ that is played before every film. Before being brought to Stockton, the organ was last played in the Seattle Fox Theatre over 40 years ago.
- The Friends of the Fox is a volunteer, non-profit organization that has been instrumental in preserving the theatre.