Sun, Mar 12|
Bob Hope Fox Theatre
Some Like it Hot
This hysterical comedy starring Marilyn Monroe finds two male musicians masquerading as women in order to elude irate Chicago mobsters.
Time & Location
Mar 12, 2:00 PM
Bob Hope Fox Theatre, 242 E Main St, Stockton, CA 95202, USA
About the event
After witnessing a Mafia murder, slick saxophone player Joe (Tony Curtis) and his long-suffering buddy, Jerry (Jack Lemmon), improvise a quick plan to escape from Chicago with their lives. Disguising themselves as women, they join an all-female jazz band and hop a train bound for sunny Florida. While Joe pretends to be a millionaire to win the band's sexy singer, Sugar (Marilyn Monroe), Jerry finds himself pursued by a real millionaire (Joe E. Brown) as things heat up and the mobsters close in.
- Doors open at 1:00 PM
- Dave Moreno plays a live concert at the “Mighty” Morton organ at 1:30 PM
- Our master of ceremonies, Matías Bombal announces the movie at 2 PM
We offer complimentary drinks and snacks, and a tour of the theatre after the film. Donations are greatly appreciated.
Ticket prices are $12 for Adults & $6 for Children age 12 & under at the door. Cash and credit card are acceptable forms of payment.
Tickets purchased online will be priced lower but will incur additional processing and facility fees.
The Bob Hope Fox Theatre features:
- 2,042 refurbished red velvet seats
- State-of-the-art sound
- Expanded restroom facilities and concessions
Did You Know?
- The Bob Hope Fox Theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- A marble mosaic floor encompasses 1,200 square feet in the center of the lobby. The marble was imported from Italy and the mosaic was designed by a Canadian artist.
- The Friends of the Fox acquired and restored the 1928 Robert Morton theater organ that is played before every film. Before being brought to Stockton, the organ was last played in the Seattle Fox Theatre over 40 years ago.
- The Friends of the Fox is a volunteer, non-profit organization that has been instrumental in preserving the theatre.