Sun, Jun 04|
Bob Hope Fox Theatre
Strategic Air Command
An ex-pilot and current baseballer is recalled into the U.S. Air Force and assumes an increasingly important role in Cold War deterrence.
Time & Location
Jun 04, 2:00 PM
Bob Hope Fox Theatre, 242 E Main St, Stockton, CA 95202, USA
About the event
Saga of the US Air Force special bomber unit during the Cold War era. A professional baseball player is recalled to military service because of the expert flying skills he acquired during World War II. Although the athlete and his wife are both reluctant to give up civilian life, both come to realise the importance of the defence mission. The film features spectacular aerial footage of big bombers on manoeuvres.
- Doors open at 1:00 PM
- Dave Moreno plays a live concert at the “Mighty” Morton organ at 1:30 PM
- Our master of ceremonies, Matías Bombal announces the movie at 2 PM
We offer complimentary drinks and snacks, and a tour of the theatre after the film. Donations are greatly appreciated.
Ticket prices are $12 for Adults & $6 for Children age 12 & under at the door. Cash and credit card are acceptable forms of payment.
Tickets purchased online will be priced lower but will incur additional processing and facility fees.
The Bob Hope Fox Theatre features:
- 2,042 refurbished red velvet seats
- State-of-the-art sound
- Expanded restroom facilities and concessions
Did You Know?
- The Bob Hope Fox Theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- A marble mosaic floor encompasses 1,200 square feet in the center of the lobby. The marble was imported from Italy and the mosaic was designed by a Canadian artist.
- The Friends of the Fox acquired and restored the 1928 Robert Morton theater organ that is played before every film. Before being brought to Stockton, the organ was last played in the Seattle Fox Theatre over 40 years ago.
- The Friends of the Fox is a volunteer, non-profit organization that has been instrumental in preserving the theatre.