Sun, Aug 13|
Bob Hope Fox Theatre
To Catch a Thief
John Robie, a former cat burglar, is suspected of committing a series of copycat robberies in his style. To clear his name, he follows a list of people who own expensive jewels, which leads him to beautiful, young Francie.
Time & Location
Aug 13, 2023, 2:00 PM
Bob Hope Fox Theatre, 242 E Main St, Stockton, CA 95202, USA
About the event
Join the legendary Cary Grant and Grace Kelly in the classic film, To Catch a Thief! Retired cat burglar John Robie, played by Grant, finds himself in a precarious situation when a new thief begins committing crimes in his signature style. Desperate to clear his name, John must embark on a dangerous mission to catch the real culprit and restore his reputation. Along the way, he crosses paths with the stunning Francie, played by the incomparable Kelly, but their romance is threatened when she suspects him of the thefts. Directed by the master of suspense, Alfred Hitchcock, and featuring stunning costume design by Edith Head, this film is a true Hollywood gem. Nominated for Academy Awards for Best Costume Design and Best Cinematography, To Catch a Thief is a must-see for fans of classic cinema. Don't miss out on the edge-of-your-seat action and the sizzling chemistry between Grant and Kelly.
- Doors open at 1:00 PM
- Dave Moreno plays a live concert at the “Mighty” Morton organ at 1:30 PM
- Our master of ceremonies, Matías Bombal announces the movie at 2 PM
We offer complimentary drinks and snacks, and a tour of the theatre after the film. Donations are greatly appreciated.
Ticket prices are $12 for Adults & $6 for Children age 12 & under at the door. Cash and credit card are acceptable forms of payment.
Tickets purchased online will be priced lower but will incur additional processing and facility fees.
The Bob Hope Fox Theatre features:
- 2,042 refurbished red velvet seats
- State-of-the-art sound
- Expanded restroom facilities and concessions
Did You Know?
- The Bob Hope Fox Theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- A marble mosaic floor encompasses 1,200 square feet in the center of the lobby. The marble was imported from Italy and the mosaic was designed by a Canadian artist.
- The Friends of the Fox acquired and restored the 1928 Robert Morton theater organ that is played before every film. Before being brought to Stockton, the organ was last played in the Seattle Fox Theatre over 40 years ago.
- The Friends of the Fox is a volunteer, non-profit organization that has been instrumental in preserving the theatre.